Saturday 23 January 2010

Serendipity to the rescue

I feel a lot better. Feeling a slight alcoholic mist rising and observing the bar was if anything busier than before, I ordered - with the aid of a helpful chap I take to be the manager, who spoke English - a very decent medium-rare steak with french fries and enough rice to feed a family for a week. I am now so stupefied with food and, I must admit, alcohol, that the admittedly unresolved Easter Island situation has receded into the hazy distance of tomorrow (or maybe even the day after that), and while I may not be partaking of the Rio nightlife as advertised, it's quite cool to be in this obscure locale at this time on a Friday night after all.

Clearly it was a good thing my 'local' was unreceptive, otherwise I would merely have had a few surly beers and gone to bed.

I will have to make an effort to indulge in the more conventional debaucheries offered by Copacabana and/or Ipanema tomorrow, but sufficient unto the day...

I doubt I will make it up in time for breakfast tomorrow, but since I doubt I will want to eat any more for at least a week, that is hardly a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment