Saturday 25 January 2014

Castro-Valdivia

1042 At bus terminal. Usual struggle to get up, half aided and half hindered by full bladder and need to get dressed before could go to bog. Got up about 950 IIRC. Left phone topping up (no socket right next to bed, so decided would do without overnight charge as with airplane mode on power consumption not that great) while went to bathroom, then dashed out. Managed to buy some packets of honey nuts and some razors (two shops) and withdraw some cash then back to hotel to shove still-damp underwear in bag, check round and leave. Woman who I paid didn't remember me paying, sort of, I offered to show the receipt and she declined and I think she was a bit embarassed. No big deal. Was at Hostel Cordillera, room was quite nice if small, would definitely consider staying there again.

1108 On bus. Service type clasico with toilet, as advertised. Not ideal but all there was and quite OK for a day journey. Not got double seat to myself but aisle seat and woman to left although using a huge laptop is not too sprawly. Also by luck or finally remembering, I am on the left side of aisle so my right arm has the extra space.

1859 Yay squared. At a hotel in Valdivia. Not the one I booked, they tell me hostelworld didn't pass my reservation on. So the woman drove me to two different places before getting me a room. Fuck knows if the location bites. I asked and it's a bit fuzzy but basically I have to be back by midnight. So thanks hostelworld, any chance of a carefree night out has been knocked on the head. The woman here also wanted to know what time I wanted breakfast, I said I might be up really late, she said I could have it at midday but I really didn't want to make any kind of commitment so I think I had to blow it off. The one consolation is I only paid 60k here vs 67.5k owing at other place (after paying 10% deposit to hostelworld; fuck knows what happens with that, I might have got room cheaper here than normal, I just have no way to know if I've been shafted or not) If the location isn't too shit and we didn't drive that far it would be OK except this fucking curfew. I picked the other place knowing it was 24h, I feel like a stereotypical fucking teenager. Crock of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment