Wednesday 29 January 2014

Valdivia to Santiago

Tue 2207 On bus, currently have downstairs to myself. No overhead rack for main bag but it fits under seat so tis OK. Phone being mega arsey and slow so have to reboot it, great use of power. Bus perfectly decent, like all cama, I have a single seat (no 6).

0830 Chucked off bus few mins ago. Been awake for last hour or so. Didn't sleep very well, I either had pins and needles in hands or dreamed I did. My knees hurt. How the fuck is that possible? But I did sleep. Anyway, some chap just asked me someting incomprehensible so let's move. Hotel is about 4km from here, obviously loads of time to walk but want to see if can buy card for metro anyway. Battery 36%. Oh, huge gap in GPS track, fuck knows what's wrong with fucking phone. Maybe not its fault. Anyway.

0942 At "18 Restaurant" somewhere probably on Libertador. Got bip card at station then decided to walk to hotel; let's at least try to drop the bag off. Stopped here primarily to use bog but food also welcome. Was going to have grilled chicken & rice but they are only doing breakfast which means sandwiches; after quizzing waitress that it really doesn't have any other crap, getting 'churrasco solo' ie beef sandwich with nothing else. Oddly the menu uses Spanish names for food items then describes them in English only. It also says stuff like 'served with rice or pure, french fries 600 extra' in English only. Odd.

Sandwich here, bit small and sorry looking for the money but meh, it's at least as advertised.

1022 Loitered, aided by lack of staff attn. Got bill, 3910 which is insane for what it is and this is not a fancy place but can't be helped. Tipping approx 500, anyway, off.

1109 OK, I am in the apartment, which is nice. I am a bit hacked off that there is no balcony; I specifically chose this place because it said it had one. I don't know whether to mention this or not; it doesn't look like anything in the building has a balcony, maybe I will just make a quiet 'please fix the listing' complaint to expedia. The wifi seems to work and they let me in early which in some sense compensates. None of the other places were obviously better than this, and it did also have one of the better locations (I would have preferred Inmoba, partly for location, but this is good too, just a block from plaza de armas).

No comments:

Post a Comment