Saturday 11 January 2014

Viedma, Friday

2143 At Bucanero. Bit dead and bit early. Had some bad news from parents about Ziggy earlier; decided I would come out anyway but it is probably too early for this place to be lively or have live music anyway, I just thought I'd come out now. Getting litre of Quilmes.

Bummed around in room after checking in. Had semi-licit hot bath (am sure they advertise that, but I used my own plug as they don't provide one. Then Skyped parents after had email from them. Then went out to buy fruit, water, soft drinks, came back with that and ate fruit and surfed web. Felt slightly tired and sort of tempted just to stay in but decided going out even if a bit early and not necessarily for long would be best. Did quick bit of laundry before came out.

Will need to see how things are with Ziggy tomorrow, may decide to stay on here another night or two instead of buying bus ticket onwards, can't be decided now anyway.

2314 I am yawning. Still nursing this litre. The one table of other people here has left. This may not be party central anyway, I just came here as I knew it and as per earlier under circumstances not really looking for party central anyway, these observations are a touch theoretical. There is a drum kit set up on stage which may not have been here earlier. Maybe the place will be heaving in an hour or two, but I won't be here.

2319 Waiter chap just came over and asked if I needed anything else. 30, made it 35. He said I have time to finish it when asked. Can't crack the problem of where to go for lively atmosphere - it is Friday night, after all. But due to both the Z situation and tiredness not going to go questing for other bar now of course. Maybe they are not closing and the chap was just asking, as I say my personal circumstances rather odd tonight anyway. At least beer is fairly cheap here. Almost involuntarily rushing considerable quantity of remaining beer. Not far to hotel but maybe 5 mins or bit longer. We just had Born To Be Wild, now Boys Don't Cry.

2329 This is grim on more levels than usual. All music here in English BTW. Red Hot Chili Peppers song "this life is more than ordinary" lyric (not a big fan)

Guzzling on. Just about done. Second slash in here and off.

2342 Back. Streets fairly quiet. This is a town of 50k people IIRC. Maybe this is still too early. Maybe none of the popular places were on my walk home. Fuck knows. Tonight for those double personal reasons not personally important but I'm still *curious*. Depending how I feel and what time I have to be up I may try somewhere tomorrow. Was list of bars outside tourist office by river and one of them was karaoke. Anyway, we'll see.

Room has no balcony but does have nice view of street and the river, BTW. Including a fountain (off now) and a teeny tiny 'fairground' consisting of a fenced-off merry-go-round (operating earlier). There is traffic but who knows where it is going?

2350 Oh, modulo changes plan for tomorrow is to go buy bus ticket and go to Patagones across river. Guide book shows no attractions bar a few museums (open poorly if at all at weekend), there is a sealion colony 60km away along the coast but neither guide book nor tourist information office noticeboard not wander around town suggest it can be visited unless you have your own transport.

0043 Bed, finally. No socket to charge phone on near bed, unless I somehow pull it out and gain access to the sockets for the bedside lamps. I just tried and that seems off. Oh well, it's only really shitty and means I can't read on my phone in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment