Sunday 19 January 2014

Puerto Montt, Saturday

1710 Wandering in town, write more later but I found the cafe I went to for dinner last night, it is Cafe Real in Rancagua.

1916 At Cafe Plaza in Guillermo Gallardo for churrasco with french fries and a diet coke. Had my head shaved (3500, made it 4000) at place next door before coming in. Bought some fruit/veg at supermarket earlier and guzzled it on quiet part of seafront. Wandered generally, some live 'rap' (not quite but that'll do) on in (probably) plaza de armas which watched a little bit, walked along seafront quite a way and also sort of following a short 'cultural walk' round centre on map hotel gave me. Place seems OK really.

Got up mega late, not really that hungover from last night (of which more anon) but I've been out late(ish) for the last four nights and after three of them I 'had' to get up early (the dormitory thing) so in part sleeping super late was a welcome luxury. Was awake on alarm from about 11 but snoozed/dozed heavily and finally got up about 2 IIRC.

Leslie last night recomended some places to go to, I may well ditch my 'circuit round through Puerto Natales' plan. In any case I am going to Asomething can't remember this instant in Chiloe on Monday for two nights. Booked hotel when got up, spoke to hotel owners and staying here another night (got pretty good price) though have to change room tomorrow (I booked a twin as that's what they had but I am currently in a double bed+singled bed room) and went to bus terminal to buy ticket before wandering.

Looked at guide book re Chiloe before going. Also slightly tempted by this Navimag cruise (I saw one of their boats arrive as I was eating fruit on seafront) but it's super expensive in decent class and the lowest class sounds a bit intimidating in guide book and then I'd be in Puerto Natales (I think) and back on the circuit (having skipped intervening bit of Chile on shore) and I am inclined not to. Going to Chiloe doesn't rule it out, as it's only 2h from here, but inclination is to save it for the future. Also no idea if they would be booked up or not, but if wanted to could look on web.

Waitress has given me a big rolled up poster thing. I am guessing (it's elastic banded, not opened it) this is a free calendar. A nice gesture though not sure if it wil survive in any fit shape in my bag. I will take it away with me though, I am only going back to hotel via shop to buy cold water and soft drinks anyway. Slightly tempted to go out tonight but I have to be up 10-11ish to change room, I want to sort out photos etc after not being able to do it at hostel in Bariloche and I can surf etc and it has been a touch non-abstemious lately.

1952 Food pretty good. While I remember, I was at Hostel Rodinia in Bariloche.

Bill 6k, since I have about 60 in coins I will 'have' to tip 1k, but that's OK, still pretty cheap. Ah, they gave me coins in change, so tipped 800. Bit stingy but meh, it all adds up and that's well over 10%.

0316 Stayed in but doing photos took ages and been surfing. Not yet written up last night but should happen tomorrow, not that it's unduly fascinating but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment