Saturday 29 March 2014

Bogota, Friday night

2145 In 360. REM's "Losing My Religion" playing, the video has Spanish subtitles...

2156 Toto, "Africa". Daniel is on tonight, spoken a bit but he is working - he apologised for not being here, said he had sent me msg on facebook, told him I had been late anyway and no worries. Sitting at bar, feel a bit awkward but think beer is kicking in.. ;-)

V busy, no free tables.

2231 Los Prisioneros, "We Are Sudamerican Rockers". Not a song I yet know well but the English lyrics are obviously a giveway.

2315 Is someone setting up for live music? Someone fiddling on stage. Barman just brought his sax out and stashed it behind bar. Could be. Current inclination is to stay out as late as seems advisable and do my best to be up at 10. Montserrat station is about 1.5km from hotel so walkable and am trusting it to be safe on a Saturday morning.

0009 Live music indeed. (Different) acoustic guitarist and box percussion player on stage, electric bass player stood off to one side. Stopped, probably on a break (tho didn't catch what they said) given sax not come out yet. ;-) Not bad tho not raving, but live music always welcome.

0011 "Rape Me" on during absence. I only know the Richard Cheese version. Or am I

0020 ..confused Depeche Mode, "Enjoy the silence".

0259 Well that was cool. Daniel (who had been working heavily til about midnight so not much chance to talk) introduced me to a friend (Yamian if his email address is to be believed) and we were talking (live music came back on for a bit). Bar shut at 3 otherwise could have imagined it going on longer. Need to try to be up by 10ish but meh, if I do fuck up - tho need to be firm with myself - worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment