Monday 3 March 2014

Lima, Sunday

1314 Usual late start though slightly better than usual. In Restaurant-Pizzeria Angello in that horrible bar strip for lunch, couldn't find anywhere else but for food this area better than for drinks I think. Not super busy. Asked at hotel about staying an extra night, not in that room but they are going to check at their other location. If have to move hotel not much advantage over just making new booking on web but will see what they say, at least I can sort of trust the 'quality' of this hotel. Will stay another night, possibly two, not sure. In some sense waste of time but in another where's the harm, if I am not seeing stuff all day a) at least I'm relaxing a bit b) I never do anyway.

Pretty confident not going to Galapagos; hotel replied saying they fumigate but frankly cruise is ridiculously expensive and would be better suited to a break from work when I have money coming in and I just don't think I'd be able to relax on a land-based cruise. Pizza is freaking tiny, I ordered mediana, if this is mediana is a total rip off, I'd rather have had what I ordered by given that's not on I hope this is a personal. Meh.

1331 It was personal, waitress pointed out when got bill. Perhaps for best as wasn't as hungry as I thought. Bill 20.50, make it 22.50.

Looks like there are about five museum-y things in whole of Miraflores according to guidebook and none of even remotest interest open Sun. I think I will walk down to the cliffs and take in the views and maybe gorge myself on an ice cream

1634 At Fazoli's in foul bar complex for beer. Walked miles. Beer by beach would have been nice but short of going into one of two slightly fancy looking restaurants not an option. Feet hurting.

1706 Doubtless the beer - tho just 620m Pilsen Callao 5% - but hungry now, think will pay up and go have half chicken and chips at Don Corleone up the road. Maybe another beer there after eating then back to hotel via supermarket for fruit (tho got 2 bananas on cliffs) and ideally a cash machine.

Bill 12, making it 13.50.

1711 Yeah, at DC. F it. Might have beer after as said, dunno.

1820 Bill 28, make it 32. Food good but bit stuffed. Not having another beer now (had coke zero with food). Let's see about cash machine etc.

0238 Bed. Vicious circle anyone? Still, while I have enormousy overeaten (fruit+chocolate as well as the two meals) I only had one beer. Meh. Got to change to the other hotel tomorrow so not that it's much of a forcing factor I have to be out of my room by midday. Then need to go to a travel agent (guide book lists some) to book bus on to Trujillo. Stil fighting with dosfsck and that SD card hence no photo uploads, which is a bit crap as this would have been a good opportunity but c'est la vie. Definitely need to streamline photo handling on future trip as waffled before.

No comments:

Post a Comment