Monday 24 March 2014

Bogota, Sunday

1533 Been out for cash, either phone GSM is subtly off or the OSM maps for here are bullshit. Eventually found cash machine, got some fruit in weird little shop on way back, forgot to take receipt for hotel out and since room on 5th floor didn't pay rest yet. May pop out see what the nearby bars like later if not too tired and will pay on my way out. Left ARS200 in plastic bag with passport and credit card, hope doesn't go walkabout.

V steep hill with chuch and top and funicular or something like that nearby. Will look into that kind of thing and its safety tonight/tomorrow. Area slightly run down in places but not too bad.

1737 Not going out tonight unless I have a major change of heart. Bit tired, it's Sunday so probably a bit dead (places might even be shut for all I know), no point burning through my alcohol allowance. Surfing, seems bit of waste of time but OTOH nice to enjoy the relative luxury and with luck will be up earlyish tomorrow.

2335 Been surfing, bit tired, should prob have gone to bed. Anyway, shower then maybe move in that direction. Looking out of window street seems v quiet and not much street noise, despite some claims of it being disturbing on web reviews. So I am going to infer Sunday night is fairly dead and I did the 'right thing' not going out. Arguably I could have used my time better tonight but tonight when I am tired it is probably more defensible than ever. Feeling a smidge down but will put it down primarily to tiredness.

2343 OK, there was at best tepid water in shower and it's cool enough in room I'm not going to freeze my arse off for no reason. Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment