Wednesday 26 March 2014

Bogota, Tuesday

1745 At some place near hotel round corner from Museo de Oro getting half chicken, chips and arepa. Difficulties re whether I wanted food or toilet and which floor and still a bit confused but meh. Feet killing me for some reason.

Woke up but didn't get up or dare look at clock. Eventually got up about midday and left hotel 1ish which was bit sucky but probably still more relaxing and no later than continual snoozing, so may try again tomorrow.

Went to Museo de Policia which was quite interesting, just me on tour at first then joined by a woman who might have been Dutch or Irish. The tour was nominally in English but when solo I told guy I spoke some Spanish after he said he had only been learning English two months. He spoke English to me but when the woman joined us - she said she spoke some Spanish - he switched exclusively to Spanish, he asked me to help translate but I didn't want to patronise her and she said she understood him so fortunately I didn't need to. Not sure if she was Dutch or Irish as she said it in Spanish and I thought she said Irish but the tour guide thought she said Dutch. He was probably right, she didn't immediately strike me as Irish when I heard her speak English. Bit intimidated going up to museum as it looks like a police station with guards and all staff are police but I asked and it's been exclusively a museum since 1986.

After went to Museo de Oro. They announced tours in Spanish and English; was going to do the English one but on a whim joined Spanish group. Not complete tour, we spent over an hour just on a few exhibits on the symbolism floor but was interesting and pleased to understand about 90%. Buzzed round rest of 2nd and 3rd floors after, by no means seen everything but they were not far off closing and my feet were hurting as not eaten all day except an apple and a pear this morning before leaving hotel.

1808 Food OK if not amazing. 9500 for the food and 1800 for a smallish bottle of coke zero. Place is Suiza, Av Jimenez 4-98.

2025 Will go out for beer soon. Stupidly nervous. Notice bar next to hotel was open when came back so hopefully not like last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment