Friday 12 March 2010

And the shit goes on

Executive summary: Fuck.

I know this post reads like a Chubby Brown stand up routine, tough shit.

Just changed 700 Bolivianos to Sols. Guy said rate was 2.7, same shit rate got at other place yesterday. I thought WTF. He gave me 245 Sols, for an actual rate of 2.85. I should have done the calculation myself but I'm rushed off my fucking feet and didn't think anyone would be that blatantly dishonest. So that's 15 sols the cunt has done me out of as an open swindle.

Have to get up at 7am for the bus to Arequipa, then will catch another bus that afternoon to get to Nazca about 3am. Have booked a hostel just now, wifi playing up and rushing to get out to change money before the ROBBING CUNTS shut as have been told it's best to change money here on the border where the rates are better. Hahahahahahaha. We take your trust and SMASH IT ALL TO BITS.

Need to email the hostel, which says it has 24h reception, to make sure they don't think I'm a no show but didn't have time to do that earlier.

Will probably book a flight from Arica in northern Chile down to Santiago for a day or two before the Easter Island flight. I can fairly easily get to Arica from anywhere round here, it gives me more time in Peru and avoids road damage issues in Chile. There is a cheap airline doing it for about a hundred quid, I may book tonight after thinking a bit more or maybe in a day or two from Nazca. Baggage allowance is 20kg and my bag is about 23kg. So it will probably work out at about two hundred quid anyway.

Fucking sick of rushing around. Fucking sick of people looking at me as a human cash machine. I didn't feel this exploited in Bolivia.

OK, am not that hungry but I expect tomorrow to be fatiguing. Am going to have a pizza then go for a few beers. Of course it will be a bit shit as I have to get back to pack and be up at 7am at the latest (the bus is at 8am and I need to get dressed, get over there, find the company and buy a ticket, we're probably looking at 6:30am really if I can force myself out of bed) but that seems to be the way things are lately.

Oh, I got the advice about travel from the owner (well, one of, the wife) of the hostel. Delighted to hear she is from Arequipa and says it's a bit dangerous. Apparently I will be OK in the bus terminal, a good job as I will probably be there for hours between my two buses.

I considered just staying in Arequipa tomorrow night but if as she says all the Nazca buses go in the evening that just means I end up trusting my bags at the ho(s)tel from checkout until I get my bus. Since nothing is definite about getting back down to Santiago I also don't want to waste time getting to Nazca.

Oh, the F&CO advisory for Chile (updated today) says Santiago airport is operating at severely reduced capacity. Airlines still seem willing to sell me flights in there and the airport's own website makes out it's not that bad, although it is a bit vague.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

And all this shit is because I have to be down in Santiago in time for the fucking Easter Island flights. The Santiago-Buenos Aires flight is flexible so I could reschedule it if push came to shove.

Credit where it's due, if it wasn't clear from the above, the hostel owner woman was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment