Wednesday 31 March 2010

Arrived in Buenos Aires

3:45pm local time, just checked in at the self-serviced apartment. It's a large studio apartment, but it is large and probably swisher than the one in Santiago. But best of all IT'S AIRCONDITIONED. It is damned hot here. Admittedly I was wearing my fleece (because it was too damn bulky to squeezed into my backpack, and because I've got into a bad habit of lugging it around even if I don't wear it for the pockets it contains) and I was carting luggage around, but it was OK in Santiago this morning and here it's hot. They said when we landed it was 28C and I can believe it, to be honest I'm surprised it's that low.

Oh, and there's (cabled) internet access. Woohoo! I am going to start uploading some of the Easter Island photos and have a much-needed shower, then I will pop out and see what the immediate area is like and maybe buy a bottle or two of diet coke so I can take advantage of having my own fridge again. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that that you arrived well. I´ll travelling to Argentina next week. I´ll rent an apartment in Recoleas with apartments Buenos Aires. Hope to have a good experience there!

    ReplyDelete