Thursday 11 March 2010

In Peru

Thu, 8:40am Peru/9:40am Bolivia. Just crossed the border, waiting for the bus to leave. We got to walk into Peru instead of driving across. Apparently they are very strict on bringing fruit in here, the driver kept warning people eating fruit while we were waiting to leave and filling in forms in Copacabana. However, as far as I can tell no-one is actually making even a token inspection of our bags.

I feel a bit left out, I'm about as likely to have fruit in my possession as heroin. (I did have a couple of apple cereal bars, which I ate just to be on the safe side.) I did keep thinking I should buy a bit while I was in Bolivia (especially while I was ill) but I never got round to it. It's inconvenient stuff, easily damaged and with a tendency to go off.

Maybe I'll make an effort to develop a fruit habit in Peru. :-)

I saw a dog freely stroll across the border (to be honest I could imagine people do as well, it's in some sort of town as far as I can tell, not in the middle of nowhere). I had visions of smuggling fruit between the two countries by strapping it to the underside of stray dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment