Sunday 7 March 2010

First impressions of Copacabana

A small town but seems pleasant enough. I actually have a view of Lake Titicaca from my window, not a totally spectacular one but pleasing anyway.
I think I have been a bit screwed with my hotel/hostel. It's about two minutes walk from the centre, but that two minutes is on poorly lit streets where I anticipate dog trouble later on. Have walked past loads of OK-looking places on the main streets which would probably be better just because of location. But it may be OK anyway and it's only two nights. At least nowhere else seems to advertise wifi anyway, so I probably did no worse than necessary in that regard.
Main task for tomorrow is to book a hostel on Isla del Sol and sort out a trip over there on Tuesday. There is also a hill you can climb (sunset over the lake is recommended) which it would be good to do, apart from that I may tick off a few minor sights but it's not too pressured.
Down at Nemo's, the most bar-like place I could find (it mostly seems to be bar-restaurant places here). Nothing special but it's OK. One other group of travellers in here, otherwise basically deserted. Not going to be out late, I need to recuperate and I also don't want to waste tomorrow by sleeping all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment