Wednesday 10 March 2010

More self-centred waffling

OK, I am practically up to date with photos again. All here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45804996@N03/sets/ (I have a couple of not particularly fascinating videos to upload, but I will do these as and when I get a convenient internet connection.)

Booked a hostel for two nights in Puno. Bit worried I am running out of time and maybe I shouldn´t have booked the second night as I may want to get an overnight bus to Arequipa or (should that be possible) Nazca. But what the hell, worst comes to worst I pay for the room without sleeping in it.

Also a bit worried about Santiago/Easter Island. I am due in Santiago to fly out there two weeks today. Had a quick look at online advisories and the situation is far from clear. I appreciate people are suffering etc here, but from a personal perspective this worries me. Especially if I find myself in Nazca in a week´s time somehow unable to make it back down to wherever I need to be in time. I do see mention that Santiago airport has opened again, which is something if true, although I have no idea if I will be able to get a flight at short notice if necessary. Just have to try not to think about it for a few days and hope the situation becomes clearer I guess. Totally unclear if Easter Island is or was at risk from tsunamis. Once again, just have to wait I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment