Friday 12 March 2010

The wisdom of J K Jerome

Mangled quote from memory: "Those who have tried it tell me a clear conscience creates a sense of well being, but a full stomach does the job quite as well, and is cheaper and more easily obtained."

Just had a very decent grilled alpaca steak, sausage and chips (35 sols with tip), it even didn't taste like beef as I expected based on my experience with llaka, although I am totally unable to describe it except to say there was a not unpleasant aftertaste which may well have been something they seasoned it with. Back at the same bar, still not feeling 100% and not looking forward to getting up at about 5:30am but things seem rosier.

Really struggled to get up this morning, I was trapped in some half-awake state of confusion and knowingly snoozed until 8am at which point I wrenched myself out of bed with an enormous effort. Still, maybe that will mean I will manage to go to sleep earlier tonight.

The site I visited earlier had some pre-Inca and Inca ruins on the edge of some lagoon (not Lake Titicaca). Wouldn't have been that stunning just to go look (although a few burial towers were quite impressive, and there were good views over the lagoon) but with the guide there to explain it was pretty cool. (I didn't deliberately skimp the expense of a guide on Isla del Sol, I just never really got the option to have one.)

The tour tomorrow is a full day tour of some of the floating islands in Lake Titicaca. No idea exactly what it involves, but it ticks the box so that's the main thing. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment