Sunday 14 March 2010

Nazca lines

Got up a bit unwillingly about 10-10:30am. Paid at reception and as I'd vaguely hoped they sold me a flight over the lines, they are picking me up in 10 minutes (been checking my e-mail and so on for the last 20). They may be slightly overcharging (USD75 IIRC, definitely 195 Sols - I do love the science-fictiony quality of that currency name) but I don't care, it's not totally unreasonable and it's worth paying a bit extra to get it done TODAY and not have to worry about it. Then I can have something to eat after (deliberately not eating before the flight, even if I had time), try to sort out onward travel etc, maybe do a bit more sightseeing this afternoon/tomorrow (depending on when and where my bus goes tomorrow), maybe even stay out a bit tonight (though it is Sunday) without having to worry about being up at 6am.

Got an e-mail from expedia, LAN Chile have changed my Easter Island flight details, but only to move the departure back an hour as far as I can tell. So in a way that's good, it suggests the flights are happening. On the downside, the cheap airline (Sky Airlines) I was hoping to fly from Arica to Santiago with have some stupid blurb at the bottom of the page about only being allowed to buy some/all flights if you are located in Chile, so that is probably a no go. I may e-mail them but with it being Sunday I am not rushing. I suspect "located in" Chile means "your credit card address is in Chile" rather than "you are physically in Chile", otherwise I may be able to go to Arica a bit earlier than intended and book a flight a day or two in advance. But that may be a bit of a risk. Just have to think about it.

Anyway, better go so as to be ready if they come and pick me up early...

No comments:

Post a Comment