Tuesday 16 March 2010

On the bus 2

Ah, they are showing a video in Spanish (audible this time) with English subtitles. Apparently you are only allowed to urinate in the toilets. As a general rule that's a pisser (no pun intended), in this specific case I am glad I used the bog in the bar earlier.

Appparently they have wi-fi on the bus, I am vaguely tempted to drag my laptop out to see if it's true but I will probably resist.

If you release your seatbelt at any time during the journey they will apparently report you to the authorities on arrival at the destination.

I'm starting to feel I'm travelling on Totalitarian Bus SA.

And still the announcements continue. FFS, SHUT UP. I dredged the laptop out (without undoing my seatbelt, natch) and saw no networks. The announcement did say the wifi only worked when you had a cell phone signal, and mine is oddly unreceptive all of a sudden, but I'd have half expected to see the access point even if it couldn't get an outside connection. Unless I wake up at 5am and feel like trying again I just won't bother any more.

Must admit all this shit is subtly disquieting. Just need to try to sit back, listen to a bit of music and read my book and relax, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment