Monday 15 March 2010

Dryness

I am unnecessarily snacking on some bread things I bought in a packet of 10 at Arequipa bus terminal. They are the most mouth-drying things I have ever eaten. Even though I am not hungry I can't keep myself from having more. They are not particularly tasty and I have maybe 500ml of safe drinking water, but I still keep eating the damn things.

If we have a problem with rising sea levels everyone on the planet should just buy a packet of 10 of these buggers and chuck them in the sea and we'll be sorted. The packet merely says "galletas chun~o". It does not contain the words "secado" or "peligroso". I wonder how many naive backpackers have been killed while eating these things on an innocent trek from A-B without the ability to obtain fresh drinking water. On the other hand, I doubt there is an A-B trek anywhere in South America where you don't encounter a local trying to charge you for passage or flog you snacks, so maybe the evils balance out.

No comments:

Post a Comment