Wednesday 31 March 2010

Last night in Santiago, again

Tue, 9:10pm. Just checked in at the hostel in Santiago, come out for food and probably a beer or two. I checked reception was 24h, the woman said yes but pulled a face as if she'd rather you didn't. I said I'd be back by midnight or 1 though and that seemed to cheer her up.

Got the bus and metro over here. Not sure what to do tomorrow. It occurs to me if I'm leaving the hostel around 8am it may well be rush hour. So a cab may be impractical or stupidly expensive if it's not a flat fare, but then again the metro may be rammed too. Oh well.

Tue 9:55pm. Had an acceptable and fairly large portion of steak and chips, though for all my whinging about the prices on Easter Island it was 9400 approx with tip. It was only a cheap-ish looking place, I think that was a bit pricey but maybe I imagined it. Have come down to Romano's on Pio Nono, where I was last time I was here, it being the first half decent bar I came across. The beer *is* cheaper, 2000 for a litre bottle of Cristal compared to 1500 for a 350ml can on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment