Thursday 18 March 2010

Time changes

Ah, it's actually an hour later than I thought, so the times earlier were off and I stayed out later than I realise. I think. This is based on changing the timezone on my laptop and hoping it gets it right. With no access to the outside world I am slightly at sea, but I think the laptop willl be right.

Had a quick look at my 2005-era guide book and the budget airline has, or at least had, an office in Arica. So I will probably check out, leave my bags at the hotel reception and go and see if I can book a flight in person down to Santiago on, say, Saturday. That gives me a couple of nights here to relax and do a bit of sightseeing, Saturday night in Santiago (I may even manage to bump into Stefano, though I have no contact details for him) and then a few days in Santiago before my flight out to Easter Island.

I suspect tomorrow will blow this plan to pieces but it seems a nice idea right now, better than bussing it down to Santiago with maybe a stopover at La Serena, which is my other vague plan.

Picking out and shrinking a few photos now with the idea of uploading from an internet cafe tomorrow, then I need to get to bed, it being probably nearly half past one.

If I do stay here in Arica until Saturday I may change hotels. This place is fine and is centralish, according to my guide book, but all other things being equal if I can find somewhere which offers wifi (chances of it working for me are slim these days, but I can only try) that's got to be a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment