Tuesday 16 March 2010

Yet more waffle

There are noticeboards in the Plaza de Armas with land and property for sale. Someone is selling 4000 square metres off the Panamericana at USD55 a square metre. That seems expensive but probably only because I'm thinking what it would cost to buy the whole plot, and I guess you could put a lot of houses on that or a big business. There was a 2 story 3 bedroom house for sale (I assume in Nazca itself) for USD70,000. Although (probably just because I haven't been to many places & because I've been rushed) I'm not as enamoured of Peru as I was with Mexico (and to a certain extent, La Paz - it's probably just that I was very socially active there, but I got a good feeling from the place, apart from incident with the probably-fake cop as I was leaving), that's the sort of price (I remember feeling this in Cuernavaca, Mexico) that makes you wonder if you could retire out here at say 40 and live off your savings for the rest of your life. I don't think I could do it, I'd feel too isolated,
but it's still vaguely tempting in a dreaming kind of way. Maybe when I'm 60, if I live that long. :-) All other things being equal I think I'd probably go for Mexico for that kind of thing though. But maybe Mexico sucks these days, will be interesting to see what it's like when I get there in May. :-) I still have no idea where in Mexico I am going, but I guess it's a way off yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment