Tuesday 16 March 2010

And yet more waffling

I paid 103 sols for the bus tonight, the lower deck is cama and the upper deck is semi-cama for about 70/80 sols. I wonder if I unintentionally got only a semi-cama seat on the way over here (I was upstairs, and it was a bit more cramped than on other buses), but it was a different company and maybe even within the same company different buses have different layouts. Even if so it was OK, on the bus here I was due to arrive at 1am and didn't exactly plan to sleep on the bus, whereas tonight I do.

The 'cama' buses seem to have a 2-1 seat layout, I managed to get a seat on its own (as I did on the bus to La Paz), which is cool. No need to worry about disturbing the person next to me. I can't believe they don't charge more for that, but I guess it's a bit like emergency exit row seats on a plane - they're better but if you can get one you're just lucky. And I suppose if I wasn't travelling alone a pair of seats would be preferable anyway.

Man, this is a pointless post. :-)

I hope I don't need to pay some stupid local departure tax tonight.

Oh, someone at Loki in La Paz told me about a flight he had booked. It was cancelled and he had to go back later in the day. The second time some woman came round to charge him some local or airport tax. He said he hadn't had to pay that in the morning, and apparently you only have to pay the tax when the woman is at work. If she's there you pay it, if not you don't. She wasn't there for his cancelled morning flight and was there for his second one. Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment