Tuesday 16 March 2010

On the bus

9:50pm. Just got on the bus. All very pleasant but some slightly ridiculous security. Some guy with either a non-beeping metal detector or a baton scanned us (he waved it over my bag, said "laptop?", I said "si", he waved it over me - arms outstretched - and then waved me through, even though I must be dripping with metallic objects), then they checked our tickets as we got on (a good thing really in itself, although I was certain I was on the right bus as I handed my bag in earlier onto this bus), as I was sat in my seat writing this a guy with a video camera came past and asked me to take my hat off so he could film me without it. They haven't asked to see my passport. This all seems a little bit security theatre.

A woman just came round and told us to put our seatbelts on as well.

Oh well, no harm done and the bus seems at least as nice as anything I've been on, although it also seems half empty. The two double seats next to me and in the row behind are unoccupied. I can't remember if they were when I booked and picked my seat. Maybe we will be stopping en route or maybe it's just under-utilised. Anyway. We are on the move now.

There is a scarcely audible announcement going on in Spanish right now. I don't think I'd understand it if it was in English, it's so quiet. Something about bags in overhead racks was just said, I have mine under the fold-down leg rest part of the seat and I assume that's cool. Oh, they are speaking in scarcely audible English now, but I still hardly caught anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment