Tuesday 9 March 2010

Made it down

Made it down the treacherous bit of the path in about 6 minutes, I left at 7:05pm about five minutes after sunset, in my limited experience it takes ages for the sky to change significantly after actual sunset and I wasn't hanging around. Bit steep and rough after that but at that point a fall would definitely be of the bruises and glasses smashed type rather than potentially involving broken limbs.

I came down a different route at the end, the treacherous bit near the top was the same but on the way up I followed some road down the side of my hotel to the hill, on the way down I missed that turn and went down to somewhere a couple of hundred metres away from the hotel. No big deal. I think the way I came down is the 'right' way, there are 12 or so crosses on the route and they are numbered, and I don't think I saw the lower-numbered few on my way up.

Asked at the hotel about leaving suitcase and coming back Wednesday, apparently it's OK.

Came out for a second meal as I felt slightly tempted for a change. Vaguely had steak in mind but ended up having some edible but not particularly great (or warm) 'broasted chicken' and chips.

Back down at Nemo's now for one or just possibly two beers, then back to the hotel to pack what I need for the Isla del Sol trip in my small bag.

Despite feeling pretty relaxed and so on earlier, I am suddenly being attacked by vague sensations which are probably loneliness. I have no idea why and it's not that bad, but there you go. Maybe it's a sort of reaction to having been so social in La Paz and now being on my own again. Or maybe that's just a dumb theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment