Monday 8 March 2010

It's OK

Streets back to the hotel tolerably well lit and I saw one dog, which I had seen on the way out, sat peacefully at the side of the road. Only stayed out for one beer so a very quiet and early night.

Shower here isn't brilliant but it does at least give moderately warm water.

Had a bit of a flick through the guide book. I think the plan for the Bolivian side of Lake Tititcaca has to be to get an 8am boat (sigh, another early start, still it's been a while) on Tuesday to Cha'llapampa on the north side of Isla del Sol, walk to Yumani, spend the night there, do a bit of walking around from there the next day and get the boat back the following afternoon. I need to speak to some tour agencies tomorrow to see how much of this can be done with a guide, I don't much fancy getting lost on the walk to Yumani, although my guide book says 'networks of walking tracks make exploration easy'. I will book a room here for when I get back and leave my suitcase here, just taking a change of clothes and that kind of thing in my small bag, which I will have to lug with me on the walk to Yumani.

I am wondering if I should spend two nights on the island but I suspect it may be too much, and if I am planning on visiting the Peruvian side from Puno when I leave here then I don't want to overdo things. On the other hand, I don't want to skimp on things now I've come here and will probably never come back. Maybe this will become clearer once I speak to a tour company or two tomorrow.

Oh, I can see from the map in the guide book where the bus made that ferry crossing earlier. It's between San Pablo de Tiquina and San Pedro de Tiquina.

No comments:

Post a Comment