Thursday 11 February 2010

Back at the hotel again

The guy I arranged to take me back wasn't at the mini-market when I got there. I was slightly perturbed but someone else took me back OK. It wasn't enormously fun at the bar, I ate about 3/4 of a pizza (and didn't bring the rest back this time) and perhaps because I felt bloated and perhaps because of the worry about getting back it was all a bit of a strain. If I can manage to eat (perhaps there, ideally somewhere else if I can find somewhere) at lunch tomorrow I may well just stay at the hotel tomorrow night, and perhaps the same on Friday.

The guy who brought me back tonight says he does a 4h tour of the island for CLP70,000. This is a touch pricey perhaps, but I may take him up on it, perhaps on Friday now I don't have to worry about going to the ferry to pay. I would need to be absolutely sure I have sufficient cash to pay for that and the ferry plus any minor day to day expenses over the next few days, as although there is a bank on the island I am not sure it has an ATM, or in fact even where it is, and I don't fancy trying to withdraw cash over the counter.

Vague plan for tomorrow is to not get up too late and either walk or cycle over into the town and see if I can find 'other stuff'. There is that museum, for a start. Cycling would in many ways be easier and perhaps more fun (on the other hand, I have visions of attracting canine attention a touch more on a bike, but then on the third hand it provides a possible means of escape and something to interpose between me and the dog if push comes to shove), but if I have the bike I can't actually go in anywhere (be it a restaurant/cafe or the museum) as I don't want to risk the thing getting nicked. Well, I suppose I just might be able to take it in with me and leave it in the passage, I don't know. (El Resto del Sur is up a steel outdoor staircase, so no chance there.) I suppose the big consideration is that I do want to eat at lunchtime tomorrow so I'm not forced to go into town, with all it entails in terms of awkwardness getting back, tomorrow night. Just have to see how it all works out I guess. I could probably go and buy some food of some description at the mini-market and bring that back to the hotel if all else fails. Or of course I could eat here at the hotel, but that's definitely a last resort somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment