Sunday 14 February 2010

Back in Punta Arenas

We docked at about 7pm, slightly before, I shared a taxi into the plaza (exactly where my hotel is, by luck) with the Canadian hiker, as he doesn't have a hostel booked and wanted to come here to look around for one.

Checked in, internet works, all sorted. I haven't collected my bag from the store room yet or asked if the guide book JR posted on to me is here, I think I will leave those for tomorrow. I am not overly optimistic on the latter but fairly confident about the former.

The ferry was quite good fun in a way. I had considered doing one leg of the transatlantic trip by sea at one point, in hindsight I'm glad I didn't. While it was quite cool for 35h, even on a more luxurious ship I think I'd find it rather over-confining and dull being stuck on a boat for 5/6 days or however long it would take.

Plan for tonight is probably just to wander over to Cafe Pub 1900 for a few beers and do all the work of trip planning tomorrow. No rush though, I'm here much earlier than I expected - it's 7:40pm local time right now.

I'm sure the ferry blog posts are even more dull than usual, but perhaps they will accurately reflect that cool-but-dull with occasional bits of cool-and-not-dull quality of the trip. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment