Saturday 20 February 2010

Crap water

I think the tap water here tastes awful. I must admit I am paying attention to this now because one of the guys I met last night told me, but during the day yesterday I had been drinking from a bottle of tap water and that was foul too.

I am quite parched right now, as I haven't wanted to drink much tap water today. I had three small bottles of coke with dinner but that doesn't seem to have satisfied me. I am now at the bus station and the one tiny kiosk nearby has no diet soft drinks and it's far from clear anything they have is refrigerated. I am arguably being a bit arsey here, but somehow I didn't even want to buy a bottle of water from them.

Hmm, I just had a swig out of my bottle of tapwater and although it's not fantastic it doesn't taste too foul. Maybe I imagined it yesterday, or maybe I'm just thirsty enough not to care. Or maybe letting the tap run for a bit before I filled the bottle hoped. Who knows? And of course, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment