Saturday 20 February 2010

Buses

A bus turned up about 30 mins ago and is still here. It says it is going to Iquique on the front, I have no idea where that is or if San Pedro Atacama might be a stop on the route. (My guide book will have a map, but it's inconveniently in my strapped and locked-up suitcase. Naturally there is no map at the bus station, that would be crazy.) I have asked two people and they both said it's not my bus, but the fact the damn thing is the only bus here and it's nearly 23:30 and it will probably still be here then makes me nervous. Naturally there is no electronic display or anything like that which might possibly provide further reassurance.

WTF is it about buses that there's always just this little bit of uncertainty about the whole process?

PS The thing just pulled out at 23:20. So that's a weight off my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment