Saturday 13 February 2010

On board the ferry

It's 8am and I'm sat in the microscopic cabin of the ferry. It's a 1-2 seating arrangement like the flight out and I've staked out (I hope) the last of the single seats. I half expect my bag to be nicked when I leave it here, but WTF can I do about it? There's a baggage store but I don't know if it will be locked or is just for bulky items, and I'd rather have the bag with me in case I need something out of it (no idea what though).

Was worried I was going to miss the boat (literally) as Maurice didn't turn up til 7:10 and I had no idea where to go and no-one to call if he hadn't turned up. But he did and we got here before the thing actually docked to let us on.

A certain amount of noise suggests to me that the front door (it's a roll-on-roll-off ferry) is being closed so we may be off soon. I will try to send this now for the hell of it.

Oh, I paid OK, I can't read the price on the ticket and I didn't count the change, but it was CLP95,000 approx. Was worried I would have got the price wrong and be screwed, but all OK. At worst now I just have to sit in this seat for 34h and eat chocolate. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment