Monday 15 February 2010

Hacked off

Everything's broadly speaking cool, but I am hacked off with various small things:

- not being able to find a 'late' bar here
- my earlier e-mail about a 'late' bar having a small chunk of text accidentally lost and thereby making me look less coherent than I am
- my phone intermittently deciding I can't send e-mail even when it worked two minutes earlier (and as a sub-category of that, losing the time of e-mail posts to the blog, so it looks like I was out later than I was when really I was back at the hotel fighting with my phone to post blog entries I made half an hour earlier)
- the fact that uploading photos to flickr blocks my entire Firefox session, forcing me to write whiny posts like this on my phone while I'm in the hotel with a free and fully functional internet connection
- the fact that if I leave an upload going while I'm not here to work around the previous problem, Firefox notices that flickr hogs the entire browser after about an hour and helpfully suspends uploads to ask me 'is it OK for this script to hog the entire browser?', largely negating the whole point of leaving it uploading in my absence
- the fact that the hotel neglected to provide a bath plug, forcing me to improvise with a hanky, a deodorant cap and a handful of change (I could have had a shower, but I'm not being dictated to by the absence of a small rubber disc)

Life sucks. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment