Tuesday 16 February 2010

Yet further wafflings

I need to go back to the hotel soon but there's a nice atmosphere down here at the bar. As there has been everywhere else I went, except in Puerto Williams where it felt desolate drinking at El Resto del Sur. But I suspect - part innately and part based on talking to the Chilean brother and sister on the ferry - I failed to find the true nightlife of the place, no doubt because I'm a tourist and it's so small.

I like to think I'm too honest to pretend I'm really experiencing life as the locals experience it - I mean, for a start, I don't have to work right now. But it is still cool to be experiencing the local nightlife, even as a tourist, and feel that it's not like I'm down some tourist trap bar.

PS They are playing the original version of "Handbags and Gladrags" (Chris Farlowe?) right now. Never my favourite song but it seem oddly cool right now.

Hmm, it seems like it was a live recording and it's segued into "Maggie May". So maybe it was Rod Stewart singing and I just couldn't tell the difference. Ah well, I never claimed to be that musically educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment