Saturday 13 February 2010

The Sky At Night

Popped out for a last go at the solemn creepiness of the hotel grounds. Quite a lot of stars visible tonight, was quite chuffed in a strange way to recognise Orion above the hotel. If I were to wax poetic I could say it was like seeing an old friend 5000 (surely it must be more than that way down here, but I don't know) miles from home. But I won't, it was quite cool though. Once my eyes adjusted there were actually a hell of a lot of stars among the clouds, quite impressive in a way though I recognised nothing else.

Oh, I asked the taxi driver/tour operator/shop owner about the cows and horses in the streets when he drove me home tonight. He says they are owned by careless people and it's not "right" that they are wandering around loose. I asked if they were dangerous and he said no, it was just the dogs (seriously).

Anyway, it's 11:20 and I need to have a shower, eat the leftover pizza, pack and get to bed. Unless there is mobile coverage on the ferry, the next update will probably be on Sunday night or Monday with lashings of detail about the joys and/or sufferings of the ferry trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment