Wednesday 17 February 2010

My decision making muscles are in tip-top shape

I went to see the natural history museum. It was shut and to be honest it looks like it's been shut for years. I may try again later or on Friday.

I booked for the Pan de Azucar tour tomorrow, I am a bit dubious but we'll just have to see how it goes. If I understand correctly they may come and drag me out of the hotel at 10am if it happens to go early otherwise I need to go to the kiosk I booked at at 12:30pm.

I made a decision, I am going to get the overnight bus to San Pedro Atacama at 23:30 on Friday night. Since I am paying for my room here on Friday night I have the hotel as a base until I catch the bus. This is a bit wasteful but it can't be helped, as it is I will have three full days here (counting today and Friday as full days, which I think is fair) and apart from the tour tomorrow there's really nothing to do here except stand by the beach and watch traffic go past on the Panamericana. So even three days is enough time just 'relaxing'. It's so quiet I can't even find a bar open to celebrate my decision, although there will be some open later. I am
having something to eat, as so often seems the case they don't do diet coke here but there you go. There are plenty of flies and plenty of heat to compensate.

I have booked a hostel in San Pedro Atacama for three nights starting Saturday, and I walked over to the bus station to buy the bus ticket, so it's all sorted. As long as I don't lose the bus ticket...

No comments:

Post a Comment