Thursday 18 February 2010

Vertigo?

Pah. I laugh in the face of danger, tweak its tail and kick it in the balls. :-)

I am at Pan de Azucar national park. As per earlier venomous blog post, which I will allow to stand for that 'on the spot' reportage feel :-), I am not seeing what I expected to see as there is no tour, the bus just dropped us off and is picking us up later.

However, there are some rocky hills on the coast here and at great risk to life and limb I have ascended one and am writing this from what I cannot resist calling the summit.

This is clearly not virgin territory as witnessed by the presence of fag ends and the occasional beer can. However, the climb up is sufficiently uncharted and treacherous looking to make me feel a possibly unjustified pride in getting up here.

I am definitely flirting with my fears a little. There is no absolutely clear place to stand and I am sitting on a rock as I have the nagging doubt that if I stand and do anything else I will accidentally take a step sideways and stumble down a rather nasty looking incline.

I just hope I don't break my neck on the way down. I will send this now just in case. :-)

Nice view all the same. I won't make it to the 'main' lookout in the park (I only know it exists from a mapless leaflet pinned to the wall in the tourist information shack), but this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment