Thursday 18 February 2010

Further wafflings

When I turned up this morning the receptionist seemed to say the room wasn't ready, which I expected, so I asked if I could leave my bag there while I went for a walk. There was some confusion, in part because she said afterwards there was a 'pieza' and I thought 'a piece of what', but as I already said it turned out there was a room ready. I looked it up later and it turns out 'pieza' also means room. So I've learned something.

I must say there seem to be a few ants around in the room. They are small and relatively inoffensive, but I frequently noted several strolling about on the bed. I may say something tomorrow but I sort of don't like to make a fuss.

I have a small and frankly troublesome bottle of insect repellent with me - it has leaked slightly over various things in the course of the trip so far, eating away at the plastic of my glasses case and generally being obnoxious. So I will probably have a good squirt with that when I go to bed and see if it helps. I should maybe have done it earlier but I had junk on the bed (for a change I really do only have a single room - I have often had a twin and used one bed as a sort of wardrobe) and although I don't mind exposing my skin and their bedding to the stuff, my experiences with the stuff so far make me disinclined to expose anything made of plastic to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment