Saturday 20 February 2010

My cup of joy runneth over

On some mad whim just had a look at Wikitravel. I hope this is some fuckwit editor´s idea of a joke:

"Be warned. Some residents don't take kindly to their town being taken over with tourists and will spike your drink with mescaline out of spite. If this happens just keep calm and wait for the drug to wear off. Keep warm and eat sugary foods if possible. The best prevention is to be respectful and not leave your drink unattended."

Just how much worse can it get?

P.S. My guide book hints at this being a good place to acclimatise to altitude prior to going on to do young, healthy things at higher altitudes. It´s 2500m above sea level, if memory serves. I don´t feel physically impaired (dragging the suitcase around was hard, but I reckon it was the sand clogging the wheels up) but I can´t help wondering if that has something to do with my mood. Probably not, I think I´m just a miserable old git.

No comments:

Post a Comment