Sunday 21 February 2010

Breaking the law

Cue Judas Priest. :-)

I am finishing up but a waiter just brought me some bread and a knife. I said I wasn't eating and hadn't ordered anything, but (I didn't catch the complete sentence) he said it was 'for the police'. So maybe there is something in the tale the Australian couple told me about bars shutting at midnight here. Presumably diners are exempt to some extent. Why this place should be so different from the rest of Chile, where you can drink openly til 5am until the law strikes you firmly down (and incidentally, for one with my inclinations, means there is no reason to go to a club when you can drink in a pleasant bar til the same hour), I have no idea and neither did they, but such is life.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Chilenians did that on purpose, just because they knew you were going there,hahahahahahaahhahaha
    You should be happy about the bars shutting up at 5am on the rest of Chile though:-)))

    ReplyDelete