Saturday 20 February 2010

An interesting night

There was karaoke on at Snack Bar Top's last night. I was strong and didn't sing, perhaps for the best as the standard was pretty high. It was quite diverting, about 4am a woman sat at the table next to me asked me if I was on my own and invited me to join her group. I talked with them (in bad Spanish) until they chucked us out at 5am, then we went to a sort of nightclub which was open surreptitiously late for people in the know until about 7am. One of the guys (a renewable energy engineer, as it happens) then drove us over to some street kiosk where we bought hot dogs, then they gave me a lift back to my hotel. They seemed quite keen for me to go to Pan de Azucar with them, although I don't know when, but I said I had already bought my bus ticket to leave the next night, which was true of course. I gave the two women (the only ones who asked) cards with my e-mail address on, although as always I don't expect anything to come of it. This exchanging contact details with people you've just met and will never see again just seems to be the done thing.

I walked down to the beach instead of going into the hotel, it was just getting light but was very quiet. There was an absence of stranded jellyfish for some reason. I got back to the hotel about 8am and slept somewhat fitfully until about 5pm. I've packed, except for a few clothes I am giving a little extra time to dry and will pack later, went out to get something to eat and am now back at the hotel killing time (and maybe uploading some photos) until it's time to do that last bit of packing and go get the bus.

I feel today was a bit wasted, I had half hoped to get up by about midday and wander round a bit and maybe get my haircut, but I guess last night was a better use of time really.

No comments:

Post a Comment