Monday 15 February 2010

Well of all the not that weird if you think about them things

Down Cafe Pub 1900. The Chilean brother and sister were in here (I didn't see them, and wouldn't have intruded if I had) and we just had a brief conversation as they were leaving. Not really that surprising in a small-ish city like this but still struck me as odd. I'm not sober but not off my face, I hope their final impression of me isn't too bad. They got an upgrade at their hostel, they were going to stay in a dormitory but for an extra CLP1,000 they have a private room.

Maybe I should have offered them a drink but they were so clearly leaving and I suspect I am not appearing totally at my best. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means at the "I love you, you're my best mate" stage, I just feel a slight pain behind the eyes and a slight mental impairment. (I'm probably genuinely a bit tired after the ferry, although I won't make excuses.) He was a bit hungover when he got on the ferry (so he said, I obviously didn't notice or even know him then), except for the fact I'm sat here on my own he probably understands. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment