Monday 8 February 2010

Last night at El Bar de Ruperto

It's 3:30am and I need to be up by about 8 but fingers crossed. It's an earlier night than the fatal one two days ago and I have only had 2 litres of beer, less than that night, over the period from about 11:30 to 3. Should be OK. I am sleeping with the door unlocked on the offchance the landlady will come in and wake me up if push comes to shove. Arguably stupid but the key to my room sits openly in the unattended hallway all day when I'm out, so it's not that much of an extra risk really.

If I fuck up tomorrow morning I will have to institute a strict 'early to bed and no beer' policy before any more early morning activities, which I really don't want to do.

Good bit of chat with the owner at Ruperto's in English and Spanish, also with some locals in bad Spanish. It can only be good for my Spanish even if it's bad for my plans.

One of the guys I met tonight and that fatal night has done an enormous mosaic on the side of a block of flats in Punta Arenas. I hope to go take a look when I am there after the Puerto Williams trip.

And now to bed. Fingers crossed and alarms set.

No comments:

Post a Comment