Wednesday 10 February 2010

Knackered

I didn't get up until about 1:30. Reception called about midday to ask if I wanted to have lunch or dinner here, I said no. Why they need to ask me I don't know, surely the food is cooked to order anyway? Still...

It was a bit rainy all morning but I popped outside and it was only really spitting by the time I was up, so I asked if I could hire a bike and it turns out you just help yourself from the rack out at the front of the hotel.

So I was out for about 2h and did a bit more than 13km. Excessive detais included thanks to the magic of GPS, although I know it was more than 13km as I only reset the trip details after cycling down to the airport. Oh, and my top speed was 38.7km/h, downhill obviously. Especially towards the end as I was increasingly knackered I got off and walked up anything remotely steep.

The handle grips on the bike had somehow come away and left some horrible sticky residue. And I struggled with the gears - I am used to a basic 3-speed bike, this had 7 or 21 gears as far as I could judge. But apart from that it all went surprisingly well. In the absense of anything else turning up and subject to the weather I may do the same tomorrow, only this time head in the direction of the town.

Not eaten all day. The restaurant/bar in town opens at 7pm so I think I will go down to the hotel library and read a bit more of Savage, then walk over to the restaurant in town at about 6:30. I'll drop in at the mini-market and ask if I can get driven back later, if not I'll just eat and then walk straight back. So much for my plans to maybe not go out tonight, but I have to eat and am not doing it here and it's too late to go into town for lunch, so I will have to go out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment