Thursday 4 February 2010

Penguins

I just bought a ticket to go to Seno Otway to see the penguins on Monday. I have seat no. 1, I suspect I could have bought a ticket on the day but I figured better to be sure since I have so little time here in Punta Arenas.

The guide says there is, and I have seen ads here for, a boat trip to Isla Magdalena where there are also penguins and it's supposedly a bit less busy. But the ad I saw outside the company's office seems to suggest it leaves from some dock about 20km outside the city, which would be another CLP10,000 taxi ride each way I expect. There was also a suggestion that it left stupidly early in the morning, and the two put together make it sound more trouble than it's worth if I can go by bus somewhere else at a civilised hour and price.

No comments:

Post a Comment