Saturday 6 February 2010

I am such an idiot

I stayed out drinking til about 4:30, figuring I'd sleep on the bus. I wasn't absolutely pissed but not sober either. For some reason the landlady's daughter heard me come in - I was *not* singing! - and then a few minutes later when I was trying to get the heater on she knocked on the door and asked if I had problems with it - once again I could swear I wasn't being particularly noisy.

While she was in the landlady turned up in her dressing gown. She seemed OK-ish but still.

I went to bed for an hour and I woke up about 15 minutes ago with a sickening feeling I'd overslept. And I had. So that's CLP29,000 wasted and the chance to go to Perito Moreno. Plus the landlady is probably hacked off at me, although maybe not. (I wonder if she was banging at the door when I didn't come down for breakfast.) One way or another I am a bit embarrassed to meet her, even if only because I overslept, even if she is otherwise totally cool with ne.

I'm sort of beating myself up but not as much as I expected. These things happen. I hope I've learned my lesson - I possibly anticipated feeling a bit crap, but not out-and-out oversleeping - and if it had to happen there are worse situations. If I miss the flight to or ferry from Puerto Williams I would really be both screwed and kicking myself badly.

If the bar had only shut at 6 I may never have gone to bed and been OK. :-)

What is kind of annoying is I have no recollection of hearing the alarm at all. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment