Sunday 21 February 2010

Feeling crap

Physically that is. I just dined sumptuously - perhaps over-sumptuously - on steak, chips, rice and a fried egg. My gut feels so heavy it could undergo gravitational collapse. It's damn hot. I am having a cold beer - one of two at most, given my stupidly early start tomorrow - but I am too bloated to enjoy it.

There are a lot of flies, at least there were while I was eating in the restuarant courtyard under some kind of awning. Their absence is the sole comfort I have derived from coming into this bar.

OK, half an hour later I went to the bog and left. Nice and cool outside, unlike inside the bar. As I left the woman from behind the bar came out and asked if I'd paid. I said I had. She clearly didn't believe me and I couldn't prove it. I said I'd pay again, and did. WTF, if she's so desperate she needs to resort to scams for less than two quid, fuck her.

I do know I paid earlier as I remember her giving me 5 massive CLP100 coins in change instead of the CLP500 coin I expected.

Can it be coincidence I've been ripped off twice in this town and nowhere else in Chile? It's a good job I'm leaving on Tuesday as otherwise I will have a grudge against every bar in town. :-)

Back at the place where I had dinner for a last beer. It's a bit too late but fuck it. They have a massive outdoor courtyard and have lit two big fires in the middle of it. This looks impressive but makes half the tables unusable as they are unbearably hot.

1 comment:

  1. But why this woman had to rip you off at this bar? Why you had to pay twice!!!!!
    Todo bien mi amor.......THOSE THINGS HAPPEN TO EVERYONE!!!!I WILL TELL YOU WHEN YOU COME BACK IN JUNE, WHAT HAPPEN TO ME WHEN CAME BACK FROM VENEZUELA IN JANUARY AND TOOK A CAB ON MY WAY BACK HOME.............

    ReplyDelete