Monday 22 February 2010

Got my laundry!

I know it sounds so trivial but I am chuffed. After failing to learn from the Australian couple's identical dilemma, I hope I will at least learn from my own direct experience. In future I will hand-wash no matter how manky my clothes are if there's going to be any urgency to collect them from the laundry.

A final beer to celebrate then back to the hostel to pack and be ready to leave at 7:30am.

The tour guy 'promised' there was no need to book a hostel in Uyuni for Thursday night. Fingers crossed he's right! We are due to get there about 3pm so at least there is time to run around if necessary.

Random observation - you occasionally see enormous dragonflies (or something which from a distance looks like one) flying down the street here. Quite cool, although I never saw one staying still to get a good look. And the streets are littered in places with dried bean pod things, which look like something familiar and edible and probably drop off some trees. The local version of oranges in Seville, and probably less messy. :-)

No idea how many people are on the trip tomorrow. I think there will be a couple of youngish Canadian guys as they turned up to book just as I was paying.

Chatted to a few of the Chileans in a mix of Spanish and English on the tour this morning, all things considered it went pretty well ignoring the 35 minute plus delay in being picked up. Mostly with two brothers, one of whose appearance reminded me inescapably of Max in Phoenix Nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment